Churches / Lecce (LE)
Sanctuary of S. Oronzo outside the walls
The sanctuary of S. Oronzo outside the walls is a church outside the city of Lecce, located in Via Adriatica.
The church, whose date of origin is uncertain, has been closed for many years and only in 2007 was reopened for worship. The present building was rebuilt in its present form in 1907, at the behest of Bishop Gennaro Trama on the pre-existing one, built in 1657 and badly damaged.