Monuments / Nardò (LE)
Spire of the Immaculate
It was built in 1769 by the will of the people, following the earthquake that devastated Salento in 1763.
This desire is shown in the engraving on the top on the last frame.
The material used is carparo, a local stone of a yellowish color, it has a pyramidal base and is 19 meters high.
The column is divided into five levels, each divided from the other by streamers, plumes, floral elements, friezes and cusps, culminating with the Madonna holding the globe.
In the first order are represented 4 statues: St. Joseph, St. John, St. Dominic and St. Anne.